- Employee meals – restaurant employees working shifts over 4 hours long are entitled to a free meal (2 meals if the shift is over 8 hours)
- Employee discount scheme – Enjoy great fish & chips with your family and friends with 25% off the total bill
- Competitive base pay
- Workplace pension scheme – available for all employees to join
- Paid holidays
- Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Leave – available to eligible employees
- Career breaks – eligible employees can take a ‘sabbatical’ break from work
- Childcare vouchers – we operate a childcare voucher scheme
- We offer flexible working hours to accommodate home and study commitments
- We offer a confidential advice/support service through our partner site
- Uniforms and protective clothing are provided
- Opportunities to achieve recognised qualifications – CIEH, NVQ, FDQ courses are supported and paid for by the company
We are looking skilled and professional friers who have a passion for cooking in order to produce award winning fish and chips. Candidates should be enthusiastic about working in the fish and chip industry, preparing and serving our National Dish. You must demonstrate excellent kitchen skills and have the ability to work as part of a team. You should also be able to work in a fast-paced environment. Previous experience in a kitchen or fast-food environment is desirable.
These individuals will have a good working knowledge of food and personal hygiene, health & safety and will be able to give direction in a team environment.
You must possess excellent customer service skills and be well presented, as well as having excellent communication skills. You will also need good organisational skills and be able to complete a range of food preparation and service tasks to a high standard.
Staff Training & Development
All new members of the team receive initial induction training within their unit. This covers important areas such as health and safety and wellbeing, food safety, brand standards, our menu, customer service, and company policies and procedures.
Training is delivered through in-house courses, job shadowing with a mentor, on the job training, 1-to-1 sessions, e-learning courses, training booklets and field trips.
Our training plans are tailored to your specific job role and cover everything you’ll need to know.
External courses are also available.